![]() |
| We're finally married! |
| Week 2-1 |
But now my husband got a health check and some of his cholesterol levels were off. We have been going to the gym together this week. We've only been going for 30 minutes, but we plan to slowly increase our time there. It's very motivating to go to the gym with him. Matt can run for such a long time, but he encourages me to run in intervals the way that I always have. He said that he's read before that it can be an effective technique. It's nice to not feel self conscious about our varying ability levels and times.
We're also trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm trying to help him not succumb to snack machines at work, so I've been cutting up tons of fruit and packing it in little bowls for him to take with him. I also bought him a lunch box... that he refuses to carry. Bah.
Anyways. I'm going to label this week 2-1. I think that since I took such a long time off of dieting that it will make me feel better to start back at 1. I didn't gain too much from the honeymoon either. Possibly I didn't gain any at all. I weighed myself at noon today and the total was 188. This is 3 lbs over my pre-wedding weight, and it's completely possible that I simply didn't weigh myself at the appropriate time of day. I'll try to get a more accurate result later in the week.
I went ahead and took some picture today. Yes, it does make me feel a little silly to constantly take pictures of myself, but I hope that I will be able to flip through them when I reach my target weight and see a gradual change.
Oh! And here is an experiment that we tried last week. We cut meats out of our diet for a full week. We both agreed that it didn't make us feel weak or anything. However, we are now going to the gym regularly (or we plan to), so it seems necessary for us to eat lean proteins (chicken, chicken, chicken). It was a nice experiment though, and it made us try a lot of new vegetables. I did have some days where what I made was gross or out of place, but it didn't seem to matter much in the long run. One successful dish was Zucchini Lasagna. It was meatless, which I feel is a little extreme because I am already cutting back the calories by leaving out the noodles. I replaced the lasagna noodles with mandolin-ed zucchinis! A special note for this dish: Make sure to prebake the salted zucchinis on a cookie sheet to help pull out their moisture, or your lasagna will be way too wet. But it was nice. I also made a regular lasagna that night in case Matt rioted. They both turned out okay. I'm really good at making lasagna.
Another all vegetable dish that we have been making a lot is Vegetable Quesadillas cooked on our panini press. We combine corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, diced green bell pepper, and diced mushrooms in a skillet and sautee until they are soft. Then you just put it on a taco with your fixings and put some grill marks on it in the panini press. It's simple and delicious.
Also, Matt gave me my birthday present early. Tons of cartoons! Yeah! I think that even though my hair is a mess in this picture and I'm not wearing makeup, it's still a great one. I look so completely nerdy and happy. DBZ and Avatar happen to be really inspiring for exercise, but that happens to be all anyone ever does on those shows. :p

No comments:
Post a Comment