Thursday

Daily Workout Summary :D

It just needs to be stated--
             I don't think I have felt this healthy since I was a child.  This morning I ran 45:45's for 24 minutes, then 1:1's for the remaining 6 minutes.  The 45's were not even phasing me anymore.  My body really is getting used to running by using intervals.  I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes-- it's just an incredible feeling for me to not be winded all the time.  And after I did that, I still did 8 on the bike (which is nothing, and I'm thinking of cutting it out of my routine all together), and then I did 25 on the elliptical.

I'm just feeling so great about myself today.  It's not that I've lost a whole lot of weight or anything.  It's just that I can tell that my heart is getting stronger and healthier.  With my determination, I will be able to live a life as a healthy adult.  I won't be weighed down and carrying all this unnecessary garbage.  One day, I will be able to run a whole mile.

I've been lighter before.  I've gotten down to 170 before and felt like a champ, but never has my heart been in a stronger condition in my adult life.   I think that this is the time.  This is the time that I will stick with my diet and exercise and succeed.  The future just seems so bright.



Today's Workout Statistics (Goals for Tomorrow):

65 minutes of physical activity burning a total of 430 calories.

Treadmill - 30 minutes with 45 second interval running in the first 24 minutes, then 1:1 for the remaining 6 minutes burning a total of 160 calories.
I strictly measured the intervals today, and it was pretty easy with 45 seconds as a goal.  I think I will make a chart though to take with me.  It should have different timed intervals on it, so I do not have to do math the entire time.  I think that 45 seconds is all the down time that I need early in the workout, so I do not think I will be increasing this number with my run-time.

(Increase running interval to 50 seconds, but keep a downtime of 45.  These will be called 50:45's from now on.  I plan to do this for as long as I can, but I reserve the right to switch to 1:1's at the end.)

Stationary Bicycle - 9 minutes of the fat-burning program burning a total of 30 calories.
Really, I am discouraged with the stationary bicycle.  It does not seem hard, and the calories burned make me feel like I'm wasting my time.  Really the only thing it is good for is keeping my heart rate up while I take a break.
(Tomorrow, I do not plan on using the stationary bicycle.)

Elliptical - 26 minutes of the Random Resistance program burning a total of 240 calories.
I did my entire goal on the elliptical today, which is nice.  I find that if I can get my mind off of what I am doing-- the elliptical is a very easy machine.  I think it's just easy on my mind, though, not on my body.  I sweat during the exercise, and my heart rate stays in the fat burning zone.  Many people say that ellipticals overestimate the amount of calories that you burn.  I've compared this one to their charts, and it seems fairly accurate.
(Tomorrow I will try to do 30 minutes on the elliptical to make up for the stat. bicycle coming out of the equation.)

My goal for the month of February is to steadily increase my intervals on the treadmill until I can run minutes at a time.  I will increase these intervals by 10-30 seconds every couple of days until I achieve this goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment